Chamber Music Roundup Festival Weekend Retreats
Chamber Music Roundup Programs provide a variety of opportunities for advanced college students, pre-college students of all ages and levels, and amateur musicians of all ages and levels. Participants play alongside top professional musicians, enjoy working in chamber music groups with other students or music enthusiasts, and learn great compositions written for small ensembles.
Chamber Music Roundup Festival has now transitioned to
Chamber Music Roundup Weekend Retreats!
Director: Dr. Misha Galaganov
We are improving the chamber music experience for advanced students, pre-college students, and music enthusiasts by doing events shorter (during a weekend only) and more often – 2-3 times a year!
- Participants on all instruments are welcome in the event, not only strings and piano! We encourage woodwind and brass players to enjoy chamber music, too!
- Our traditional main feature of the Chamber Music Roundup festival – faculty artists in every group, will remain the same, as always.
- Registration and Schedule information is located at bottom of page.
2022 Spring Retreat
Friday, May 13 – Sunday, May 15, 2022
Director: Dr. Misha Galaganov
Spring 2022 festival will begin with introductory meeting at 5:00 pm on Friday, May 13, 2022 and will conclude in the afternoon on Sunday, May 15, 2022.
Registration and schedule information is located at the bottom of page.
The Chamber Music Roundup in Fort Worth is hosted at Texas Christian University.
Roundup Weekend participants will not perform publicly during this event.
One of the unique aspects of the festival is that all participants work together with faculty members, as colleagues, in all rehearsals.
Other features include:
- Two ensembles: Each participant will play in two different ensembles. All ensembles will include professional musicians to supervise and lead, as well as play in the group. Participants are assigned in groups and provided with music in advance.
- Orchestra and chamber music reading: A small orchestra reading session is offered on Saturday afternoon and optional chamber music sight-reading sessions might be arranged by participants in addition to the regular schedule.
- Optional Morning Music Literacy Class: All participants have an option to benefit from specially designed music literacy class on Sunday afternoon. Details TBA.
Danaila Hristova Blair, conductor
The festival is also available to people who only want to observe the rehearsals but not play. Those persons who love chamber music and its creation process but who do not desire to play, may observe any or all of the festival rehearsals and readings for a reduced fee.
If you have any questions about the programs, wish to become a sponsor, or make a donation, please contact Dr. Misha Galaganov at 817-257-6619 or m.galaganov@ tcu.edu.
Approximate Schedule (still subject to change)
Friday, May 13
5:00 PM Introductory meeting; tour of facilities; optional chamber music readings
Saturday, May 14
9:30 AM – Refreshments
10:00 – 11:00 AM – Orchestra Reading
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM – Groups 1 rehearsal
1:00 – 2:15 PM – Lunch
2:30 – 4:00 PM – Group 2 rehearsal
4:30 PM – Optional chamber music sight readings
Sunday, May 15
9:00 – 9:50 AM – optional music literacy class
10:00 AM – Refreshments
10:30 AM – 12:00 AM – Groups 2 rehearsal
12:00 – 1:00 PM – Lunch
1:15 – 2:45 PM – Group 1 rehearsal
3:00 PM – Chamber Music Roundup Academy concert in PepsiCo (tentative)
4:00 PM Final meeting and conclusion of the festival
The application/tuition deadline is April 1, 2022.
You may apply online below or print out the application and mail it with a check payable to Chamber Music Roundup to:
Dr. Misha Galaganov
TCU School of Music
TCU Box 297500
Fort Worth, TX 76129
Make checks payable to TCU Chamber Music Roundup. If you wish to request a blank, printed application to complete and mail back, please contact Dr. Misha Galaganov at 817-257-6619 or firstname.lastname@example.org.