The College of Fine Arts guides you every step of the way to identify and accomplish your academic and career goals. Use the following resources to help get you started on the right track during your graduate studies.
College of Fine Arts graduates forms may be submitted online. Once all signatures are obtained and the form is complete, upload to our forms inbox.
- My.TCU: The portal will give you access to grades, financial aid data and class registration.
- TCU ID Cards: Students must obtain a TCU ID card from the ID Card Center.
- Parking Permits: Students can apply for campus parking permits. The permit cost is not included in graduate financial aid.
- The Graduate Catalog: The catalog contains information related to degree plans and courses. The catalog at the time when you declare your degree is the one that applies throughout your time at TCU.
The TCU Academic Calendar is available on the Registrar’s website. Please be sure to review this calendar and adhere to all deadlines. The Schools of Music and Art may also have internal deadlines for completion of specific degree requirements or responsibilities. Please pay careful attention to communications from the units regarding those deadlines.TCU Academic Calendar
Registering for Classes
It is critical that graduate students enroll in a timely manner, so please plan to meet with your advisor(s) as soon as possible. Please note that some courses may require permission numbers to enroll; those will be assigned by your advisor or another designee in either Music or Art. Students cannot be guaranteed full funding for any courses added after the registration deadline, so please ensure you are completely and correctly registered.
TCU’s Student Health Insurance (SHI) is available to graduate students. Graduate students in the College of Fine Arts who are receiving an assistantship are eligible for a Graduate Health Insurance Award (HIA), which covers 75% of the cost of this insurance plan.Health Insurance
Students who are joining the TCU community from outside the US will receive information from the International Student Services Office regarding their visa status, financial status, and I-20 forms.Student Services Office International
- Course substitution form
- Late Add form
- Transfer of Major Coursework form
- GRCA Support Fund Description and Application
- 2023-2024 Deadlines:
- Sept. 11
- Oct. 9
- Nov. 13 – Funds will be exhausted after this review cycle. Applications will not be accepted after this date. Look for new deadlines in the 2024-2025 Academic Year.
- 2023-2024 Deadlines:
- Intent to Graduate form – Art
- Intent to Graduate form – Music
- Phonetic pronunciation for graduation
- Thesis Template
- Graduate Thesis Manual
- Intent to Graduate
- Guidelines for Master of Music Oral Exam Preparation
- Master of Music Oral Exam Rubric
- Special Problems MUSI 50970
- Music Student Recital Policy
- Orals Report for School of Music
- Appointment of Doctoral Committee Form
- DMA Report Form
- DMA Report Form- Word Format
- Approval Form for the DMA Comprehensive Exam
- Report of DMA Comprehensive Examination
- Approval of DMA Document Proposal
- Dissertation Publishing Form for Payment of Fees
- DMA Oral Exam Schedule Form
- DMA Oral Exam Grade Report
For more information or if you have additional questions about our graduate programs, please contact the School of Art or the School of Music.School of Art School of Music