Masters Candidates (MM)
Collaborative piano applicants should submit a repertoire list of both solo and collaborative repertoire with the online application. to be uploaded as part of the Graduate Audition Request Application.
During the audition, applicants will also be asked to demonstrate sight-reading skills, sight-reading while incorporating a vocal line, and open-score reading.
TCU will provide partners for the audition if the applicant is unable to bring their own. Please contact the Coordinator of Collaborative Piano at least three weeks before the audition date for this coordination.
- One first or last movement of an instrumental sonata by Beethoven, Brahms, Prokofiev or equivalent
- Batti, batti o bel Masetto from Don Giovanni by W.A Mozart
- C’est L’éxtase by Debussy or Mandoline by Fauré
- Ganymed by Schubert (high key)
- Botshaft by Brahms (high key)
- The Daisies by Barber
- Major solo piano work of choice
Applicants will need to pass a language proficiency exam or take appropriate language or diction courses until such exam can be passed. This exam is the standardized exam that is given to graduate vocal performance applicants.