Masters Candidates (MM)
Collaborative piano applicants should submit a repertoire list of both solo and collaborative repertoire with the online application to be uploaded as part of Graduate Audition Request Application.
- Submit a high-quality video recording (audio only will not be accepted) of any standard instrumental duo sonata (or major concerto with piano reduction) performed together with the instrumental partner. A recording made before Covid-19 is acceptable. A socially-distant, masked, new recording may also be submitted. Please submit at least 2 contrasting movements from the same sonata/concerto or from two different works.
- A selection from the standard vocal literature (art-song or aria) will be assigned to you two weeks prior to submission. Please only submit a video of you performing the piano part of this assigned selection (no collaborator necessary). Dr. Michael Bukhman will be in touch with you regarding a specific timeline for submission.
- OPTIONAL: Submit a video of ONE standard art song performed together with a vocalist. A recording made before Covid-19 is acceptable. A socially-distant, masked, new recording may also be submitted.
- Submit a video of ONE solo work from the standard repertoire, not to exceed 10 minutes in length. Movements from a larger work are acceptable.
- Please email Dr. Michael Bukhman for alternate arrangements if Covid-19 is preventing you from completing any of these requirements.
- Recordings must be received by the published application deadline – February 1.
- A Zoom interview will be conducted with those applicants considered for admission. During the interview, the piano faculty will make available music to the applicant for sight-reading.
Applicants will need to pass a language proficiency exam or take appropriate language or diction courses until such exam can be passed. This exam is the standardized exam that is given to graduate vocal performance applicants.