The J.M. Moudy Visual Arts and Communication Building house the School of Art and the Bob Schieffer College of Communication. Housed in Moudy North is an intimate gallery that displays student and faculty works, and traveling art exhibits. The building is named for the late Dr. James M. Moudy, who served as TCU chancellor from 1965 to 1979 and was a gift to the University from the Amon G. Carter Foundation.
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.