Audition Application Checklist
- Complete the online application to audition
- Headshot photo
- Dance photo
- One-minute solo video
- A two-minute introductory video
- Optional: Supplemental materials
- If applying for consideration as either a ballet or modern dance major, you must provide items 3 and 4 in both disciplines.
- We do not require professional grade photos or videos.
- The dance photo for female ballet applicants should be in the 1st arabesque position en pointe.
- Male ballet majors should submit a photo in the tendu á la seconde
- Modern dance applicants may submit a photo of their choosing.
Videos should be uploaded to YouTube and saved in the unlisted format. This enables us to view the video but does not allow the video to be found in a random search, thereby protecting your privacy. Provide the link where specified on the audition application or you can send the link directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our preference is solos shot in the studio environment in leotards and tights. If video footage from a live performance is submitted, please ensure that all required authorizations have been acquired. Please keep videos close to the one-minute length.
Ballet applicants should submit a classical variation en pointe. Modern dance solos can be in any of the contemporary forms.
Individuals applying for either the ballet or modern dance major need submit two videos. Please indicate if your submission is original choreography.
We want to hear from you. Introduce yourself and tell us things about you: What makes you unique? Why TCU? What do you hope to gain and/or experience here and what are your current long-term goals as they relate to dance?
Then choose one: What was the last book you read, movie you saw, or place you visited? Tell us briefly why it was memorable for you.
While not required, we welcome the following:
- Letters of recommendation from your dance instructors or choreographers
- Additional performing videos
- Samples of your choreography