Audition Application Checklist
- Complete the online application to audition
- Headshot photo
- Dance photo
- One-minute solo video
- A two-minute introductory video
- Optional: Supplemental materials
- If applying for consideration as either a ballet or modern dance major, you must provide items 3 and 4 in both disciplines.
- We do not require professional grade photos or videos.
- The dance photo for female ballet applicants should be in the 1st arabesque position en pointe.
- Male ballet majors should submit a photo in the tendu á la seconde
- Modern dance applicants may submit a photo of their choosing.
Solo Video to Accompany Live Audition
Videos should be uploaded to YouTube and saved in the unlisted format. This enables us to view the video but does not allow the video to be found in a random search, thereby protecting your privacy. Provide the link where specified on the audition application or you can send the link directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit solos filmed in the studio environment. Wear leotard and tights that contrast easily with background colors. Camera should be focused on dancer and not into the mirror. If submitting video footage from a live performance, please ensure that all required authorizations have been acquired and your work is clearly visible to us. Please keep videos close to the one-minute length.
Ballet applicants should submit a classical variation en pointe. Modern dance solos can be in any of the contemporary forms.
Individuals applying for either the ballet or modern dance major need submit two videos. Please indicate if your submission is original choreography.
Introductory Video – must be submitted by live audition candidates and video audition candidates
We want to hear from you. Introduce yourself and tell us things about you: What makes you unique? Why TCU? What do you hope to gain and/or experience here and what are your current long-term goals as they relate to dance?
Then choose one: What was the last book you read, movie you saw, or place you visited? Tell us briefly why it was memorable for you.
Video Audition RequirementsVideo Audition Requirements
While not required, we welcome the following:
- Letters of recommendation from your dance instructors or choreographers
- Additional performing videos
- Samples of your choreography